Chicken Pepper Dry.
This is a mildly spicy dry chicken preparation, which is good served with Kerala Paratha or Kulchas.
Serves 3 – 4
- 600 g Chicken.
- 2 large onions, finely sliced.
- 1 ½ tsp Ginger/Garlic paste.
- 1 tsp Red chilly powder.
- ½ tsp turmeric powder.
- 1 tsp Coriander powder.
- ½ tsp Salt.
- 2 tsp Dark Soy sauce.
- 1 small bunch Curry leaf.
- 4 Sprigs of Fresh coriander.
- 3 tbs Sunflower oil (you can use any oil of choice)
1. Wash, clean the chicken and cut into bite size cubes.
2. Heat oil in Heavy bottomed pan (non-stick if available), add the onions and fry till they start turning light brown, at this point add in the ginger-garlic paste and curry leaf and fry till onions turn darker brown.
3. Add the chilly, coriander, turmeric powders and fry for a couple of minutes.
4. Add the Dark soy sauce and the chicken pieces and salt, continue frying for about 5 minutes then lower the heat and cook till chicken pieces are tender.
5. Sprinkle the chopped coriander, and ready to serve.